3.06.2015

Around Here | My favorite antique spots!

 

People ask me where I find all the intersting things in my house, honestly I am just a total hunter at heart, I find things where ever I go. I look in the least likely places, I use imagination. 

One of my fist jobs was working at Catfish River Art & Antiques here in Stoughton. They just closed their doors this past year after almost 15 years in business. It was the saddest thing to see. 

'Thrifting' or 'antiquing' has become more important to me over the years. When I was 16 working at the antique mall it was about learning the history of time periods and thinking about the where, when, who of each piece. As I have gotten older its more about saving and preserving small bits of history. A bonus to it all is saving money and supporting small/local businesses at the same time. Antique shops are a cabinet of curiosity, I love bringing something home that can start a conversation.


Below is a list of my favorite places!

Stoughton Antique Mall
Stoughton Buy & Sell shop
Elsing's Buy & Sell- Stoughton
St. Vincent De Paul- Stoughton

Odana Antiques- Madison
St. Vincent De Paul- Odana Rd. Madison
St. Vincent De Paul- Willie St. Madison
Antiques on Cottage Grove Rd. - Madison
Bethesda's House of Thrift- Madison
The Cozy Home Consignment- Monona
Habitat For Humanity- Monona
Habitat Fro Humanity- Odana Rd. Madison

Columbus Antique Mall- Columbus


Find out all the detail below

Stay tuned for a new list of places I plan on scouting out this spring!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment